On February 2017, Dr. Mona Mohammed Ahmed Kamal was appointed as the acting Chief Executive Officer, Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Sciences, Institute of Environmental Studies and Research, Ain Shams University, 2009.
- Master's degree in Environmental Sciences, Institute of Environmental Studies and Research, Ain Shams University, 2003.
- Bachelor of Science, Ain Shams University, Chemistry Department, 1981.
Published several researches & papers in the field of the environment (air pollution - noise - green architecture - climate change - industrial safety and environment) in national & international scientific conferences.
MOE - EEAA:
- From 2015 to 2017:
- Head of the Environmental Quality Sector, first undersecretary for Ministry of Environment.
- National Coordinator to implement the sustainable transport project in Egypt, in cooperation with the United Nations Development Programme UNDP and the Global Environment Facility GEF
- National Focal point for Urban transport project in greater Cairo funded by the French Development Agency AFD.
- From 2013 to 2015:
- Acting Head of the Environmental Quality Sector.
- From March 2010:
- Head of the Central Department of Air Quality and Noise Protection.
- From September 2005 to November 2011:
- Director General of Noise Protection.
- From March 2011 to January 2012:
- Head of the Central Department of Information and Computers.
- From January 2005 to June 2010:
- Minister Technical Office Advisor.
- From 2008 to 2012:
- Head of the Environmental Indicators & Reports Unit.
- To 2010:
- Focal point for environmental statistics and contact person for the Organization of West Asia (ESCWA).
- EEAA focal point for Plan Blue program of the Mediterranean Action Plan (MAP).
- From 2004 to 2005:
- Acting Director General of Noise Protection.
- 14 years of experience in the field of occupational safety and health and the working environment, the Ministry of manpower (industrial installations, Hotels, Airport Civil Aviation activities, health facilities, etc.).
- 19 years of experience in the field of environmental protection, environmental projects, implementing projects for reducing air and noise pollution, establishing Noise and Air quality monitoring networks.
- 7 years of experience in development of the environmental indicators and reporting, applying the international methodology in this field.